Thursday, October 10, 2013

He first found his own brother, Simon, and told him, “We have found the Messiah!”

He first found his own brother, Simon, and told him, “We have found the Messiah!” (John 1:41)


It is with the joy of encountering Jesus Christ that I great all of you at Holy Name of Jesus Parish!  Just as the Gospels continuously affirm, in finding Jesus Christ we find our purpose in life and our hearts are filled with joy.  Our Lord affirms that our discipleship, our commitment to follow Jesus, is to fill our hearts with joy: “If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.  I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete” (John 15: 10-11).

As I walk with you, taking the shepherd’s staff from Father Carroll, I believe firmly that as our faithfulness to Jesus Christ grows so will our joy!  I am looking forward to experiencing the joyful community of Holy Name of Jesus, especially with all of you our young men and women of the parish.  Over the next several weeks we will have many chances to get to know one another and, more importantly, to more fully know Jesus Christ!



Each of us is called, like St. Andrew the Apostle, to share our joy from encountering Jesus Christ with others - just as occurred in our passage from Sacred Scripture records.  We are called to allow the experience  the joy of Christ, to change the way that we live and how we live with others!  This week, take a moment to think about how you have meet Jesus - who is Jesus? how do I know Jesus? who have I invited to meet Jesus?  (For some fuel to inspire your thought, take a closer look at the encounter of the first disciples with Jesus: John 1:35-51 - just scroll down and take a read!)

Rest assured that each of you remain in my prayers: that you will be kept safe from all harm and continue to grow in virtue and love of the Lord!  Please, keep me in your prayers as well!

May the Lord continue to generously bless each of you!


Fr. Wilke

No comments:

Post a Comment